A 1984 honors graduate of Jackson Academy, I attended Lewis and Clark Community College in Illinois before joining the US Air Force in 1986. I served there until 1990, during which time I received:
- the US Air Force Achievement Medal
- the Good Conduct Medal
- the US Air Force Overseas tour ribbon
After serving my country, I attended Jefferson State Community College, The Community College of the Air Force, and ultimately graduated with honors in 1992 from Faulkner University with a summa cum laude BBA. I was then accepted to the Birmingham School of Law and graduated from there in 1998.
I have previously served in the Blount County District Attorney’s Office handling:
- drug cases
- sex abuse cases
- all traffic cases
- misdemeanor cases
- juvenile delinquency cases
I’m active in the local and state community.
- I was admitted to the Alabama State Bar in 2002 and have served as a member of the volunteer lawyers program for ten years
- I’m a member of the Blount County Bar Association and served as president of that organization
- Currently, I serve as the attorney for the Blount County Department of Human Resources and am also the DHR Child Support Attorney for the department. I have served in that role for more than 10 years, and have also worked as a certified Guardian Ad Litem since 2006
- I’m also a member of the Solid Rock Lutheran Church and have hosted several foreign exchange students